Hook & Southborough Cricket Club (H&SCC) was
established in 1870 and has played continuously every season since that date to
include even the war years when it was one of the few clubs whose ground was
not commandeered by the government for war purposes. Between 1870 and 1905 the
club's ground was on the site of the Hook Community Centre and after match
refreshments were taken at the Lucky Rover Public House. In 1906 H&SCC took up residence at the, then new, King Edwards
Recreation Ground using this venue every Saturday and Sunday until 1975. In the
1950's a purpose built clubhouse was erected on this site and a bar licence was
granted. In 1975 the club moved to a new private ground to the rear of King
Edwards Rec. In 2003 the clubhouse was destroyed in an arson attack. In the
years since the fire the club played at various locations. 2011 saw the club
return to Hook in partnership with Hollyfield School in Somerset Avenue and 2012
saw the addition of a temporary clubhouse.
The club has two Saturday teams which compete in the
Fullers Brewery Surrey County League and a Sunday friendly side with a full fixture list.